Monday, June 2, 2008

Triple OT...It's Going to End Here.

After the Pens tied it up and the horn sounded the end of regulation, I boldly predicted that Detroit was going to end it easily in the first OT. Oops...not quite.

Is it just me or does it seem like Zetterberg is ALWAYS on the ice? Through 5 periods he's played 34:42. And Lidstrom? A whopping 42:04. But the most minutes thus far? Whitney with an astonishing 44:51.

Will Doc please stop saying, "Next goal wins it!" Yes, we know. It's called sudden death.

And I don't normally get squeamish when a pucks hits the bullseye that is a player's face, but for some reason I didn't react well when Malone got hit. I think it grossed me out because he never covered his face as he got up and skated to the bench. He just bent over and let the blood drip off him...into Devorski's hand. *blech*

(Photo by Dave Sandford/Getty Images)

He ain't pretty no more.

No comments: