Friday, May 22, 2009

Havlat gets Kronwall'd

I enjoy big hits like any other crazy hockey fan, but the emotional, sympathetic human side of me does appear when things look scary.  Case in point, when Havlat got absolutely destroyed by Kronwall in tonight's game that eventually ended in OT with the 'Hawks finally getting a win over Detroit.  




When I first saw the hit happen it just looked like a big hit a la Scott Stevens on Eric Lindros, but Havlat's motionless body was gut-wrenching, much much worse than when Umberger was leveled three years ago by Brian Campbell. I mean seriously, who didn't get nervous watching Havlat look like a rag doll while the guys on the ice tried to dish out deserving retaliations. I still don't know how Havlat was capable of getting off the ice without the aid of a stretcher.

As for the game itself, I'm not sure if I should be amazed that Detroit can play half a game and be this close to winning it or that they're not up 3-0 in this series. Because of the hit, it was good to see the 'Hawks win this game, especially at home, but Detroit is definitely moving onto the Cup Finals.

No comments: