Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A 12-Year Deal Sounds Awful

I think the title of this post says it all. I don't care how good Luongo is right now, I definitely wouldn't want him on my team in 12 years.


Ummm...wtf...so much could be said...
fighting off urge to make dirty jokes....argh!

I realize all of these long term contracts are really just ways to circumvent the whole salary cap issue while still holding onto your prized possession, but they're ridiculous and I wouldn't want my GM to make these kind of gambles. I think that any contract over 2 years should be converted to dog years. According to the online conversion calculator:

It is a common belief that 1 human year is equal to 7 dog years. That is not very accurate, since dogs reach adulthood within the first couple of years. The formula is: 10.5 dog years per human year for the first 2 years, then 4 dog years per human year for each year after.


So let's say that Luongo, currently 30 years old, has already reached adulthood and that from this point forward every year in his contract equals 4 dog years. I think that's fair. After 12 years of his contract, he would technically be 42 in human years, but in hockey years, which is more like dog years, he would actually be 78!!! WTF?! This scientific conversion proves that this contract really is ridiculous.

No comments: