Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Kovy Curse

When the Kings played (and beat) them last week I was surprised to hear how many players are already injured, including old balls Brian Rolston.  Then Zach Parise got injured in that game and is expected to miss 3 months!  Oh Zach, you're too pretty to be sidelined!  And tonight Martin Brodeur went down with an injury.  The New Jersey Devils have to be cursed this year.

Ilya Kovalchuk and all his gold coins
But don't worry folks, the $100 million man is still healthy, but the jury is still out on whether he'll actually put up points worth the ridiculously enormous salary he's raking in.  I'm pretty pissed that he's on my fantasy team because how do I bench a guy like that?  Every night I think he's going to put up Steve Stamkos numbers, but nope.  Nada. Zilch.  If I'm going nuts trying to figure out what to do with Kovy on my fantasy team, I can't imagine what John MacLean is thinking.

However, Kovalchuk does have plenty of seasons ahead of him as a Devil to make a positive impact with the club. Then he and the rest of Devils nation can rub it in to all Kings fans, but this season he's probably just going to take a lot shit for cursing the Devils.

No comments: