Monday, April 27, 2009

'08-'09 Sharks....Hahahaha

I'm sure it was my emotions that convinced me the Sharks would never make it to the Stanley Cup Finals, but I objectively decided once the match-ups were determined that the Anaheim Ducks would eliminate and embarrass the Sharks. I figured that the only two teams capable of beating the Sharks were the Detroit Red Wings and the Anaheim Ducks. How fitting that St. Louis would have a miraculously run to end the season and land in the 6th spot, leaving the Ducks to face off against the Sharks.

(Photo by Jeff Gross/Getty Images)
San Jose, it's called "The JR Curse"


So what feels worse? Being a fan of a team that never makes the playoffs or rooting for a team that has a 53-18-11 record that includes only 9 total losses at home, wins the President's Trophy, boasts an incredible lineup of Thornton, Cheechoo, Marleau, Boyle, Blake, Nabokov, Pavelski, and, don't forget, Mr. Claude Lemieux and Jeremy Roenick, that seems on paper to be a lock for the Cup, but the only award they go home with is the "Biggest Chokers Ever" award? At least I know what to expect from my team. Thank you LA Kings for not leading me on.

And in case you haven't noticed, I don't think there is anything wrong with rooting for a team to fail. Anaheim is next on my list and I think Detroit will kick them out of the playoffs in 6.

No comments: