Monday, February 2, 2009

Gauthier Out...'Meh'.

The Kings will be without their turnover superstar for the next 5 games because of a dirty hit Gauthier doled out in Saturday's game against the Canadiens.

I know Gauthier is a King (a hot one I should add), but let's revist Avery's kind words about him from 2005 when Gauthier hit JR in a preseason game:

I think it was typical of most French guys in our league with a visor on, running around and playing tough and not back anything up.

...a typical move from a guy wearing a visor that certainly doesn't like to get scratched at all.


I do take exception with the last part because Gauthier will mix it up with guys and receive hits just as much as he delivers hits. But the bottom line is, if you haven't read the blog lately or listened to my podcasts, I miss Avery.


No comments: