Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Anticlimactic

I don't think Games 1 and 2 of the SCF have been boring, I think they've been anticlimactic. There's still hard hits, intensity, fierceness, great scoring, decent goaltending, etc...it's just that it's all coming from Detroit. I had high expectations for this series and I think the majority of hockey fans did too. Pittsburgh rolled into the Finals looking like the top dog but in the first two games of the Finals, Detroit has completely exposed all of Pittsburgh's weaknesses and for all non-hardcore Detroit fans, this has led to an anticlimactic start for the Finals. For the sake of hockey fans everywhere, I hope Pittsburgh regroups and figures out, at least the very, how to stay competitive.

(more after the jump)


Now, I know Osgood was bumped into, but good Lord is he a fantastic actor!! I really, really hope that a ref will call him for diving the next time he unleashes his inner Hasek. Be a man Osgood, if your team is way up, is it really necessary for you to embellish the minor contact?

(AP Photo/The Canadian Press, Frank Gunn)

Leave the diving to Hasek.



When the fiance first saw Crosby's "beard" he said, "He looks like a 15-year old Mexican going through puberty."

(Photo by Claus Andersen/Getty Images)
Just use a sharpie to fill it in


No comments: