It's also not a good sign when the Kings' best line is the 4th line of Scott Parse, Brad Richardson, and Wayne Simmonds. This line not only scored the only Kings goals tonight, but also was the only line that showed any chemistry. I was a little disappointed that even though the Simmonds line was the best producing line of the night, Murray didn't have them play on the power play. At no other time have I ever advocated the use of Richardson on the power play but I could not, and still do not, understand why Murray would continue to use players on the man advantage who had so much difficulty tonight doing much of anything.
Additionally, here are a couple more thoughts about the Kings' struggles in the past 4 games:
- Where in the world has Kopitar been?
- Why is Peter Harrold in the lineup?
- What has Jeff Halpern done since being traded to the Kings?
- Is Ivanans still a King?
- Just me or did it look like both teams were moving in slow motion tonight?
- Something's wrong when Dustin Brown is the one getting manhandled
- And there's also something wrong when Drew Doughty has consecutive bad games
- How many times do you think Smyth's nose has been broken?
- Jack MF Johnson has been very un-MF lately; and finally,
- Would it be more embarrassing or heart-breaking if the Kings failed to clinch a playoff spot?