Apparently Anaheim got jealous that LA was all over the news with constant updates of a wildfire so Anaheim had to go get their own wildfire. In the midst of inhaling worse than normal air, here are my keys to the game:
1. Specialty Teams - Last night the Kings had the chance to end it when they got a power play late in the game. When they couldn't capitalize on the man advantage and fumbled the puck allowing the Preds to break into the zone causing the Kings to take a penalty to thwart the scoring opportunity, they found themselves fighting to prevent a goal-ahead goal. The penalty kill unit couldn't stop the Preds and the Kings couldn't tie the game. The Ducks are notorious for taking tons of penalties so if the Kings can get the power play working, they'll be golden tonight.
2. Calder - Kopitar - Brown: One of those things is unlike the other. Maybe it's because I constantly have a magnifying glass over Calder, but I notice flaw after flaw after flaw. Get that guy off the first line and either on the fourth line where he belongs or on the bench.
3. Simmonds - Handzus - Ivanans: Once again, one of those things is unlike the other. Handzus and Simmonds are fine players and deserve to have a linemate who won't inhibit their play.
4. Physical Play - The Ducks will be physical and the Kings need to match their physical play to stay in the game.
5. Limit Gauthier's Ice Time - Looks can only take this guy so far.