Thursday, November 6, 2008

Kings v. Panthers...

I won't be able to watch tonight's game and since I missed Tuesday's game against the Ducks that means I'll both games Ersberg starts. I was actually really looking forward to seeing him start a game so I'm bummed that I'll have to wait at least two more days before I do and maybe even more if tonight doesn't go well.

I'm really frustrated with the Kings' losing streak. They started the season looking fine but then once things started looking suspect everything started falling apart. It's still early in the season to judge Terry Murray, but so far I am not a fan of his recent changes to the lineup. How can you constantly mix things up and expect there to be some consistency? How is the top line still not set? Why is Harrold playing up top? Is he really that much better than Moulson or Purcell? Is it better in long run to have a player who is less talented be in the lineup in order to allow more-skilled players develop their game in the AHL just a bit further? And why do I care this much? Every year when I get down about the Kings' play I question why I get so emotionally involved. I supposed it's because following the Kings is a hobby for me. And since following a sports team isn't something that I "practice" and "get better at" like sewing, knitting or scrapbooking, the satisfaction I get from my hobby is fully dependent upon the performance by the Kings. When I sense myself getting too frustrated (over something I can't control), I remind myself, it's just a game and they'll win eventually. Hobbies are supposed to be fun. Following the Kings is supposed to fun. So I just have to take it one game at a time.

Kings v. Panthers prediction
Kings 3, Panthers 1


No comments: