Sunday, April 17, 2011

Kings 4, Sharks Fail

What the heck am I supposed to rant about when the Kings shut out the Sharks?  I've been thinking all day of things to write about and I'm coming up short because there's not a whole lot to say other than the Kings played a pretty damn good game.  The power play finally had some success, Jack and Drew tightened up their games and, not only played well defensively, but got some much needed points, and Jonathan Quick was lights out.  Who cares if Penner was 'better' this game or if Stoll wasn't there to win all the faceoffs or Westgarth didn't fuck up so somehow that translates into a positive (it doesn't) or Oscar Moller got knocked off the puck too easily because he's my size and he's playing against guys who are built like brick shit houses.  Ryan Smyth, Justin Williams, and Oscar Moller did an exceptional job of cycling the puck. Trevor Lewis played well on the penalty kill and played a lot more minutes to fill the void left by Stoll.  And, of course, Kyle Clifford, Wayne Simmonds, and Brad Richardson still had a huge impact despite playing far fewer minutes than most guys.  I almost teared up when I saw the 3 Stars:


I'm so proud of the Kings for proving me wrong!  Of course, it helps when your opponent is known to choke in April.

Since I'm still basking in the fact there will be a Game 5 and can't think of anything else to write, I'll leave you with links to other Kings blogs and a few from Sharks fans:

The Royal Half: brilliant commentary and another Heidi/Stoll joke, which NEVER gets old.
KingsCast: videocast of Game 2
Life in Hockeywood: celebrates Quick's first playoff shutout

Fear the Fin: why, yes, it was a 'textbook road game' for the Kings! Couldn't agree more.
Sharkspage: nice compilation of game photos

No comments: