Thursday, February 28, 2008

Feb 28th: Kings 4, Oilers 5

Yet another untelevised game. I'm not even going to comment on this since I've already bitched about untelevised games. But don't worry, I'll still bitch about something...get ready.

As I drove home at around 7pm I turned on the radio and was shocked to hear some basketball game on the usual Kings network. I flipped to the other station that sometimes broadcasts Kings game. Another fucking basketball game. I then scanned through the entire AM section and could not for the life of me find the game anywhere. I finally settled for the news radio station 980 that does sports updates every 0:15 and 0:45.

When I got home I was curious to find out if the game was even broadcast on radio so I checked the LA Times game day report (haha, report...yeah right, more like, sentence), which stated that the game was broadcast on radio station 1260 and with a whopping ONE HOUR DELAY!! 1260 AM!? Are you fucking serious?? I'd like to hear one person say they heard the game on this radio station because there is noooooo way the game was on it.

And even if the game actually was broadcast on 1260 AM, why in the world would a sports game be delayed on the radio?? What's the point? That is the most ludicrous thing I've heard all week.

Right now I feel like the Kings are lower than high school girls soccer on the SoCal sports scene.

At least tonight's episode of Lost made up for the lack of Kings coverage. And for all of you Losties looking for good online Lost coverage, check out Lostpedia and The Lost Diary.
Thankfully the next Kings game will be televised. We take on the Colorado Avalanche and I can't help it but be curious about whether or not Forsberg will be playing. I'm contemplating doing a live game blog but I'm not sure if it'll be worth the work. So if you think I should do one, let me know in the comments.

6 comments:

Connie said...

So I resorted to listening to the game on the Edmonton radio feed through the Oilers' website. You know, even though we're in last, we have the best commentating team in the entire NHL on the TV and radio.

Unknown said...

Yes, the game WAS on 1260. I left work and was driving to a meeting and knew the score was 1-1 after the 1st but heard Nick and Darrel doing the pre-game. Huh? Was I in some sort of "Lost" world? Nope. Not quite sure why it was like that, that blows. However, after my meeting I was able to listen to the final half of the 3rd which was good since I didn't know the outcome. The outcome, not good.

Kirsten said...

That game was hard for me to watch. I debated with myself who I wanted to win.

Marie said...

ckim: Was the Kings website radio feed also delayed?? We do have great play-by-play guys.

chris: I still can't believe the game was on 1260. I even said to myself, "I bet it's on one of the 1200s stations" yet I still couldn't find it. Since the game didn't end up in our favor I wasn't as upset about missing the game (unlike the Toronto game) but it still sucks that it wasn't televised.

kirsten: you should be rooting for us to get out of the cellar! are you ready for my boys to destroy your team?

Kirsten said...

The way they have been playing, it's a definite possibility...

I do want you guys to get out of last place, but it's the OILERS.

Connie said...

No, the game was NOT on the radio feed through the Kings' website. And I totally scanned the entire AM dial. Jerks!